macro feature tests in rsync code

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Sun Feb 13 14:05:31 GMT 2005

Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 09:53:28PM -0500, John E. Malmberg wrote:
>
> I don't see this.  All the code in CVS uses "#if" to test the value of
> HAVE_SOCKETPAIR.

I found the problem, one of the bugs in my first experimental pthreads
version is that it sometimes creates a file with the wrong contents.  In
this case it was trimslash.c containing some older code.

I hope to have a better version running soon, as I was about 80% done
with isolating the thread specific variables before rsyncing up with the
current tree.

> I assume you're talking about gcc's -Wundef option.  We could add
> -Wno-undef to the gcc CFLAGS setting in configure.in, like this:

Possibly, but I do not use GCC.  I have a similar option to disable
these message and I have done so.  It it just that IMHO, it would be
better to have the code test to see if macros are defined and always
issue diagnostics about undefined macros.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network
Personal Opinion Only