#include <inttypes.h> missing for 64 bit integers.

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sun Feb 13 06:44:44 GMT 2005

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 10:07:05PM -0500, John E. Malmberg wrote:
> Rsync is not including this file, nor is there a feature test for this
> header file in the configure phase, but rsync is using [int64 and
> uint64].

Rsync is defining its own int64 (using a define, not a typedef), so it
is not depending on these fairly new types being found on the system
(also, I thought they were really int64_t and uint64_t, but I could be
wrong).  It would probably be a good idea to add a test to configure to
look for int64_t and make use of it, if necessary (with an appropriate
include of inttypes.h or stdint.h, which configure already checks for,
but rsync.h doesn't currently use).  The latest code no longer uses
uint64.