getting rsync to work

Gil Naveh gnaveh at cleverex.com
Thu Feb 10 16:52:44 GMT 2005

Hello,

I am trying to do a very simple thing, just transfer a file from machine A
to machine B using rsync with ssh.

This is what I'm typing:
 # rsync -a -e ssh serverB:/tmp/rsync/test1 n serverA:/tmp/rsync/
 #  password: XXXXX

This is what I get:
# bash: rsync: command not found
# rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
# rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(359)

Basically it seems to go wrong after logging into the remote machine when it
says "bash: rsync: command not found".

rsync is definitely installed on both machines which are Solaris9 and is in
the user's
environment path. So I don't understand why it says "rsync: command not
found"...?

Any thoughts comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
gil