sync a lot of files

ciprian niculescu cnicules at 4email.net
Sun Feb 6 16:46:21 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have a problem with "out of memory", I'm trying to sync around 30mil
files and i get error, the sync is on the same host but different
directory, this with the 100bytes per file, give me 3G of ram. I have
put 12G swap (6 partitions of 2G) and my 3G ram. Last i saw the process
rsync get to 2100M of SIZE and 1.8G RSS, don't know exactly at how much
it gets till he get the error, but not too far after 2G.

How can i solve the problem, i use 2.6.3 version.

Thanks for advice

Ciprian