quick way to check that my local file system has NOT changed

Harish.Chakravarthy at sjsu.edu Harish.Chakravarthy at sjsu.edu
Thu Feb 3 17:03:30 GMT 2005

Good question, I interested in knowing about possible options

In the meantime, here is one way -  use find command with -newer
attribute.

-Harish

----- Message from israel Gold <rhglaw1 at barak.net.il> on Wed, 02 Feb 2005
16:38:34 +0200 -----
To:
rsync at lists.samba.org
Subject:
quick way to check that my local file system has NOT changed

Hi,
I use rsync to synchronize my file system with remote server.
Rsync is time consuming and I want to avoid it in many cases.
I am looking for a quick way to check that my local file system has NOT
changed
since a given time, so that I would not have to run rsync.
The trivial solution would be to scan the modification time of all
files.
Is there a faster trick ?
Israel Gold, WiGo Technologies, rhglaw1 at barak.net.il