rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at /home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2., 6.3/main.c(1073)

Jeff Yana jyana at emc2visfx.com
Wed Feb 2 02:29:46 GMT 2005

Wayne Davison wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 01:47:19PM -0800, Jeff Yana wrote:
>

>>In this case, I was just inputting "rsync" with no flags or args.

You are right, I just did not include it as I thought it would be
implicit to all. Sorry about the confusion.

>In that case, in addition to the above error, rsync should have also
>output a big, long usage message (on stderr).  You can get the usage
>message on stdout via "rsync --help".  It would be very strange if
>the usage message were not printed.
>

>>bash-2.05b$ rsync -avc --progress --stats rsh="ssh -l adminuser"
>>rsync-path=/usr/local/bin/rsync /cygdrive/g/source/
>>adminuser at hostA:/My/Shared/Volume/

Yes, of course. Next time I should RTFM, ay!

Great advice about setting the environment variable. Do I set this in
the environment variable tab on the Windows machine under System
Properties as you would under Cygwin?