rsync-ing on MacOS X.

Andreas Åkre Solberg andreas at solweb.no
Tue Feb 1 05:54:58 GMT 2005

On Jan 29, 2005, at 09:52, Andrea Riciputi wrote:

> I'm setting up a backup script for my Mac, and I'm wondering about the
> rsync ability of dealing with HFS+ filesystem (resource-fork and
> such...). I've searched the mailing list archive for this topic and
> I've found some thread regarding it, but it's not clear to me what is
> the actual situation. Is the HFS+ officially supported? Will it be in
> the near future?

There exists an rsync version which support HFS+ resource forks, RsyncX
1). If you are using rsync for backup on OS X, I reccommend to check
out rsyncbackup 2).

___
[1] RsyncX,  http://archive.macosxlabs.org/rsyncx/rsyncx.html
[2] rsyncbackup, http://rsyncbackup.erlang.no/

--
Andreas Åkre Solberg
Contact info and Public PGP Key available on: