rsync to a SOHO NAS copies files everytime

Savage, Elijah elijah_savage at reyrey.com
Thu Dec 29 18:01:46 GMT 2005

All,

I am trying to use a SOHO NAS to rsync my music dir to. Every time I run
the command it copies the entire dir and files each time. I have read
the FAQ and searched google to no luck at fixing this. The NAS is this
product
http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10593 the 400gig model

I am using FreeBSD 5.4 with the latest port build and I run the command
below to try and accomplish what I need. But what I have done since the
NAS is running smbfs I have simply mounted this drive with mount_smbfs
to /musicbackup/. As you can see below it copies every file each time.

Below is the first time I ran the command and then I deleted some of the
folders off of the backup and ran it again for testing just to see if it
would sync just the missing but it started copying everything over. I
know it is not the rsync build and something with the NAS I believe
because if I sync to my SuSE10 Desktop it works as it should, but I am
at a lost and was hoping someone here might be able to help me.

Thank you

1st Time Run

skywalker# rsync -av --times --progress --update /music/Reggae/
/musicbackup/
building file list ...
67 files to consider
./

Damon Marly/
Damon Marly/01 - Confrontation.mp3
      7816569 100%    2.48MB/s    0:00:02  (1, 9.0% of 67)

sent 258464191 bytes  received 1094 bytes  2199704.55 bytes/sec total
size is 305269148  speedup is 1.18

2nd Time Run

--
http://www.digitalrage.org/