Permission problem with rsync in daemon mode

Jonathan Chen -X (jonachen - The Armada Group, Inc. at Cisco) jonachen at cisco.com
Wed Dec 28 18:27:59 GMT 2005

Apologize for the confusion.  I am aware the module name is not
duplicated on the destination.

So it would copy "/tools/netegrity/siteminder/" to destination
~jon/test/siteminder with permission like below.

drwxr-xr-x    3 cdemgr   cdemgr       4096 Apr  5  2005 siteminder

The "/tools/netegrity/" permission is like above.

Still I just don't understand why it changes the ~jon/test ownership to
'cdemgr'too.  Where did I misconfigure or assume?