rsync deleting symbolic link unexpectedly

Eric Horne eric.horne at teradyne.com
Tue Dec 20 22:28:51 GMT 2005

Thanks, Matt for this suggestion. My version (2.6.6) doesn't have a
keep-dirlinks option (that sounds like what I want, though).

In anycase, I removed the -L, and now the structure does not get created
at all. I removed -l also, and that didn't work either. I added only the
-L back, and was left with the same behaviour -- that the symlink turns
into a directory.

So I think I'm still stuck (or I misunderstood what you said)

-Eric