rsync exit 0 before transfer complete

Donna Livingstone donna.livingstone at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 19 19:28:06 GMT 2005

Thanks for the reply.

The code works 99% of the time - the outlined scenario has only occurred
abot 20 times out
of 1500 transfers this month.  It has also worked for three months
previously wothout a problem.
The only change has been the load on the system in the past month.
Given what you say the only other possibility I see is that the "if"
code is failing - not a nice thought. I have
mitigated the problem by placing a delay(sleep) just after the if and
have been running error free for
two days.