Help with --delete option

scott scott.list at mlec.net
Sat Dec 17 21:55:27 GMT 2005

I use files-from and want to have rsync connect to my backup server and ONLY
delete the files that are no longer on the source server.  If the file which
is in my files-from filter list has changed, i do not wan tit updated.  Bu
if the file on the source server has been deleted, I want rsync to (only)
delete the file on the backup server and quit.

Is this possible?

I tried:

rsync --archive -e '/usr/bin/ssh -p 22' --verbose
\ --include-from=/root/my-backupfilter --recursive
\ --delete --existing / user at x.x.x.x:/home/backupdir

which is close, but still updates files if they are in teh list but not ont
he other backup

Thanks for any help.  Scott