Exclude Syntax Question

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Dec 16 04:43:57 GMT 2005

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 12:04:42AM -0000, sdr0303 wrote:
> ...inside of the local "/client/temp" directory I have serveral zip
> files but for some reason it skips them?  The rsync.log, I
> get, "skipping server excluded file..." and the list of the zip
> files?

Are the zip files named with upper-case extensions?  If so, you'll need
to change your include rules to allow for that:

+ /*.[Zz][Ii][Pp]

Also, your rules all limit the files to being in the root of the
transfer, so no sub-directories can be used.  If you want to allow
subdirs, remove the leading slash from each of your rules and add
the following new rule (before the exclude) to allow directories
to be sent:

+ */