Exclude File Question

sdr0303 sdr0303 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 00:14:34 GMT 2005

I have an rsync daemon running on a Windows box.  It has a module
called "temp" that allows users to write to a specific directory.  My
rsync.conf looks like:

use chroot = false
strict modes = false
max connections = 3
hosts allow = 192.168.1.7
lock file = rsyncd.lock
log file = rsyncd.log
pid file = rsyncd.pid
timeout = 600
refuse options = h I c a delete

[temp]
comment = WSS Polling TEMP Main
path = /cygdrive/c/temp
exclude from = temp_exclude
write only = true
transfer logging = yes

...in the "temp_exclude" file I have:

+ /*.zip
+ /*.xfo
+ /*.trg
- /*

...I'm calling rsync from the client with:

rsync -rvvv /client/temp/ 192.168.1.10::temp

...inside of the local "/client/temp" directory I have serveral zip
files but for some reason it skips them?  The rsync.log, I
get, "skipping server excluded file..." and the list of the zip
files?  I want to be able to send to the server the list of file
extensions as specified by the exclude file, but nothing else.  What
am I doing wrong?