WARNING: <file> failed verification -- update discarded (will try again).

Joe Peterson joe at skyrush.com
Wed Dec 7 18:56:39 GMT 2005

Hey, I always have my gamma-ray shield with me!  :)

But seriously, are you saying this indicates a read or write error?
I've googled for other cases of this, and when there was an error (like
an error reading a mounted partition), the error was reported before the
warning.  In my case, no other messages are seen other than that warning.

					-Joe