incremental backup help required

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Dec 7 15:01:30 GMT 2005

I can answer this one! But mostly by directing you to an even better
answer that is already written.

Reading this article by Mike Rubel
http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/

Should give you some detailed idea of how to use the --link-dest
feature.

There is a tool called 'dirvish' that I am told does all this and more,
using rsync as the underlying transfer mechanism
http://www.dirvish.com/