ftp:// error

Manuel López-Ibáñez manuellopezibanez at yahoo.es
Fri Dec 2 17:41:32 GMT 2005

I am sorry, the rsync algorithm needs to execute rsync on the server.
Since ftp does not allow executing remote programs (as ssh does), even
if there exists a rsync executable installed in the server and you have
permission to execute it, using ftp you cannot execute it. So your
command won't work and it will never be because it is impossible to
implement it by the very differences of what rsync does (executing a
remote rsync program) and how ftp works (just download files).

I hope my answer was clear to you.

Cheers,
	Manuel.