Deleted remote directories not being removed locally

David Filion df at auto123.com
Fri Dec 2 15:00:14 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm using the following command to grab a list of directories, not their
contents, from a source server and create them locally(a backup server)

rsync -v --stats -d --include='+ */' --include='- *' --force
--delete-during --backup \
 --backup-dir=/mnt/backups/_DELETED 192.168.0.2::'ucp/*' .

It recreates the list of directories locally with out a problem.
However, if a directory on the source server is removed, the local
"copy" is not moved to the backup-dir. The deleted directories are
generally not empty so I added the --force option but that had not
effect.  Is it because I'm only looking at the directories and not their
contents that it's not moving the remove directories?

FYI, what I'm attempting to do is recreate the top level directory
structure locally, then go through the directories, syncing each one.
The only part that is not working is the removal/backing-up of the
removed directories.

David