rsync process life cycle

Steve Sether steve at vellmont.com
Mon Aug 29 20:34:58 GMT 2005

I'm working with my ODBC database logging patch again, and I need
some information on how rsync process management works.  Essentially
I need to close the database connection on a daemon process right
before the last process (be it receiver or generator) exits.

My question is, which process kills which process?  Does the receiver
kill the generator, or vice versa?  Do they each die independently
so there's no way for the last guy out to "close the door" so to
speak?

I've looked through some of the code but haven't been able to answer
the question on my own.  I thought it might be just easier to ask here.

Thanks.