log remote

Judith Flo jflo at lsi.upc.edu
Tue Aug 23 11:34:38 GMT 2005

Hi,
Is there any way to log the output of rsync when running through ssh?

I mean, when i run rsync, from local to server, with -rsh option, I get
local output from rsync. The problem is that i need to keep and analyze
this information in servers side..
How can i get this information? I know i can send the file with the output
during the synchronitzation, but i think there should be a better way to
do it.. or not?

I was reading the man but i can't find any syslog support or something like
that for the rsync command (i know daemon does support syslog, but i prefer
not to use it)...
Thanks in advance,

Judith