Cygwin bug in hosts allow

Bill Denney denney at seas.upenn.edu
Sun Aug 21 22:35:49 GMT 2005

When using cygwin, I tried to specify the subnet mask for the "hosts
allow" option in rsyncd.conf with 192.168.1.0/24, but that didn't work.
I had to use 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0.  With /24, it gives this error

@ERROR: access denied to mymodule from rsyncclient (192.168.1.20)
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
main.c(1171)

Also, it would be handy if when this bug is fixed if you could also change
the error from "access denied" to something like "host not allowed".

Thanks,

Bill

--
A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep.  -- unknown