encrypted destination

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed Aug 17 08:12:42 GMT 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 11:00:01AM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
> A lot of these posts 3 years old, is there plans or reasons not to
> include [--source-filter / --dest-filter] in the main line code?

That patch opens up a huge security hole in daemon servers, so that
would have to be handled somehow (perhaps by making those options
auto-refused).  There are also several bugs/deficiencies that would need
to be fixed (my updated patch--see below--lists the ones that I saw but
didn't fix).  Even if all that were done, I'd still be hesitant to add
these options, though.

I've just updated the several-year-old patch, and committed it into the
patches dir:

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/unpacked/rsync/patches/source-filter_dest-filter.diff