Ignoring specific file type

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Aug 15 19:42:32 GMT 2005

    How can I tell rsync to ignore FIFO files?  I have one backup script
that uses rsync to backup some 11 servers at night.  Each machine has
their own set of FIFO files, so it's not like I can tell rsync to use
--exclude-from because the files aren't the same on the various servers.

    Suggestions?

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.