rsync and large files

Sameer Kamat sameer at unitrends.com
Mon Aug 15 16:11:35 GMT 2005

Hello,

      I have a few files of the order of 50G, that get synchronized to a remote server over ssh. These files have binary data and the
change before the next time they are synchronized over. My question is, I am observing that the data being sent over is almost
equal to the size of the file. Would an insertion of a few blocks in a binary file, move the alignment of the entire file and cause this
to happen ? Does rsync internally understand that the file is almost the same, but the data is just skewed a little bit ?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Sameer.