don't delete existing files...

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Mon Aug 1 15:24:52 GMT 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 01:47:06PM +0200, Judith Flo wrote:
> Has anybody had the same problem? How did you solve it?

For 2-way syncing (or even N-way), I recommend using unison -- it not
only handles deleting/creating files in both directions, but it can also
tell you about (and show you diffs between) files that were modified in
a conflicting manner on the 2 machines being synchronized.  You might
also want to look into the drsync perl script (though I have never tried
it) -- it claims to fix only the deletions part of the problem.