How about a --min-size option, next to --max-size

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Apr 28 17:24:38 GMT 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 03:10:52PM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:
> Would a patch for --min-size be acceptable?

Firstly, thanks for the patch -- I've tweaked it a bit and checked it
into the patches subdir.  It also prompted me to move the code in
generator.c that checks the maximum size so that it doesn't apply to
non-regular files (since some non-regular files might have a bogus
size).  Finally, I used your idea of having a separate size-parsing
function in options.c (this doesn't change how the CVS version works,
but it does make the min-size patch smaller).

As for accepting --min-size, I'm considering it.  It would be nice to
have a more general solution to the problem of limiting the transfer
based on a file's attributes (rather than a profusion of rsync options),
but that doesn't seem to be on the horizon at the moment.