All the feature requests... A better way?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Mon Apr 25 16:36:45 GMT 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 09:30:30AM -0400, Eli wrote:
> With all the different features people want - almost makes me wonder if
> having an actual scripting language for rsync may be the best solution?

Such a solution could be much better if it were a very limited scripting
language (e.g. we can't run unsafe code on the server, so perl is too
powerful) and if it were really easy to understand what the scripts do.
Certainly something to think about more and look into the possibilities
for a future version of rsync.