How about a --min-size option, next to --max-size

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Mon Apr 25 13:10:52 GMT 2005

There's a rather old bug report in Debian's bug tracking system
(see http://bugs.debian.org/27126) about wanting to be able to specify
the maximum file size, as well as the minimum file size. Here's the
text:

    Sometimes, it's useful to specify a file size range one is
    interested in.

    For example, I'd like to keep an up-to-date mirror of Debian, but I
    currently have size problems, so I'd like to skip all files > some
    limit.

    I've also had the opposite problem (with ordinary mirror) - a server
    where there were lots of small junk files I was not interested in.

Both cases has its merits. Would a patch for --min-size be acceptable?

Paul Slootman