I already used --recursive

Dan Jacobson jidanni at jidanni.org
Sat Apr 23 01:58:02 GMT 2005

In /usr/share/doc/rsync/README.gz:
  BUG REPORTS
  -----------
  If you have web access then please look at...

Well what if you don't have web access? You don't mention what to do
then.  "Send bugs to rsync at lists.samba.org" probably. OK. Will do.
Here's one now:

   $ rsync -avz debian.linux.org.tw:var/lib/apt/diet.lists var/lib/apt/diet.lists
   receiving file list ... link_stat var/lib/apt/diet.lists : No such
   file or directory done
   client: nothing to do: perhaps you need to specify some filenames or
   the --recursive option?

It turns out I spelled the input filename wrong.
The bug? Telling me to try --recursive when as everybody knows,
   -a, --archive               archive mode, equivalent to -rlptgoD
   -r, --recursive             recurse into directories
So I already was trying --recursive!