cygwin + rsync 2.6.3-1

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Apr 22 16:48:24 GMT 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 05:18:27PM +0200, Paco Martinez Rodriguez wrote:
> My PC executes -in batch mode-daily rsync with these parameters
> "--archive --delete --progress --stats" and saves each days results of
> this process in a log file.

Do you mean that you're using an rsync daemon and arching its log file?
Or that you're redirecting the output of an rsync run to a log file?
If the latter, are you including stderr in the output?  Like this:

    rsync ... >/dir/log.file 2>&1

Without redirecting stderr, you'll miss any errors that rsync outputs.