hardlink bug in 2.6.4?
wayned at samba.org
Fri Apr 22 16:08:38 GMT 2005
It would help to know what rsync was doing with the files when the error
happened, if all the hard-links for a particular hard-link group are
represented in the errors, and what the results were after the transfer.
The error messages reveal these files, separated into linked groups:
- Are any other files (that were not excluded from the transfer) hard-
linked to these files?
- I assume that at least the first file in each list existed at the time
of the transfer (because the first file alphabetically was chosen as
the group lead), but it would help to know how many of the files
- I also assume that each of these lead files was changed in some way,
correct? I.e. did the first file in each group get mentioned as being
updated prior to the errors being output?
- After the transfer, are any of these files present on the destination
system (in either the old or new form)?
- If you re-run the command, do the same errors repeat?
I haven't seen any problems in my testing, so I'll need to figure out a
way to duplicate the failure before I can fix it.
More information about the rsync