Max filesize for rsync?

Shachar Shemesh rsync at shemesh.biz
Wed Apr 13 19:52:41 GMT 2005

Jeff Schoby wrote:

>What the maximum filesize rsync can transfer?
>
>I'm trying to rsync one of my servers to another but the rsync is
>croaking on a file that's barely 1GB.
>
>Tips, hints, suggestions?
>
>rsync server is AIX 4.3.3 ML11 - rsync 2.6.3
>
>rsync client is AIX 5.3 ML1 - rsync 2.6.4
>
>Thanks
>-Jeff

Please note that, all file size OS limitations aside, rsync has
suboptimal performance for too big files. When I get around to it I'll
try to create a patch, but in the mean while too big files will have too
many non-real hash table collisions, and may become extremely slow.

If you run across this problem, please post on list, as we need someone
to experience this problem in order to try and fix it.

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.