Max filesize for rsync?

Steve Bonds knnf6cy7w001 at sneakemail.com
Wed Apr 13 16:24:54 GMT 2005

On 4/12/05, Jeff Schoby wrote:
> I did what steve suggested here, on both machines.  I didn't use any
> arguments for configure... just did ./configure

Odd, I thought we had it nailed on that one.

Try the following on each system using the new rsync you just built
with the mkstemp use commented out:

1) Create a large file, preferably a sparse file
2) Try to rsync it locally

For example:

$ echo > smallfile
$ dd if=smallfile of=sparsefile_01 bs=1024 count=1 seek=2097153
$ rsync -avvvS sparsefile_01 sparsefile_02

If this works, then the problem may be in your network transport (e.g. ssh).

  -- Steve