cygwin rsync ssh hang. Solved?

Mike news at redterra.net
Wed Apr 13 13:54:52 GMT 2005

The legendary cygwin/rsync/ssh hang problem.  I have been tracking this
for a while now and can say that the latest cygwin install appears to
have fixed the problem on one of the setups that has consistantly failed
in the past.  Have not put the update on to any production boxes yet,
but it looks promising.  From the threads that I have read on the cygwin
mailing lists, it would seem that a pipe problem in the cygwin1.dll has
been resolved (non-blocking pipes that blocked?).  Anybody else seen an
improvement of late?

The relevant cygcheck -s info:
$ cygcheck -s

Cygwin Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Wed Apr 13 14:30:19 2005

Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
.
.
     Cygwin DLL version info:
         DLL version: 1.5.14