Max filesize for rsync?

Jeff Schoby JAS at GoColumbiaMO.com
Tue Apr 12 17:04:22 GMT 2005

How do I build rsync for large file support..I'm going to need > 4GB
files thru rsync.

It basically stops with an error message of "File too large"...I can
re-run rsync later with the -vvv flag and post the results tomorrow.

On Tue 12 Apr 2005, Jeff Schoby wrote:

> What the maximum filesize rsync can transfer?

2GB (4GB?) should always be possible, when built with the appropriate
options for large file support >4GB files are no problem.

> I'm trying to rsync one of my servers to another but the rsync is
> croaking on a file that's barely 1GB.

Well, it shouldn't... Please define "croaking"? Any diagnostic
messages?
Try running with -vvv

Paul Slootman