Max filesize for rsync?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Apr 12 17:03:12 GMT 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 12:46:55PM -0400, Christophe Kalt wrote:
> FWIW, I just upgraded to 2.6.4, and that has solved a problem
> i'd been having for a few weeks where 2.6.3 repeatedly failed
> to synchronize a 5GB file.  Don't remember seeing anything in
> the NEWS or other making me think upgrading would help, but
> it did.

Perhaps one of these?

    - Fixed a potential protocol-corrupting bug where the generator
      could merge a message from the receiver into the middle of a
      multiplexed packet of data if only part of that data had been
      written out to the socket when the message from the generator
      arrived.

    - Fixed a bug that would sometimes surface when using --compress
      and sending a file with a block-size larger than 64K (either
      manually specified, or computed due to the file being really
      large).  Prior versions of rsync would sometimes fail to
      decompress the data properly, and thus the transferred file
      would fail its verification.