Max filesize for rsync?

Christophe Kalt rsync at klb.taranis.org
Tue Apr 12 16:46:55 GMT 2005

On Apr 12, Jeff Schoby wrote:
| What the maximum filesize rsync can transfer?

Depends on whether you have LFS (large file support) enabled
(at compile time).

| I'm trying to rsync one of my servers to another but the rsync is
| croaking on a file that's barely 1GB.

That should be no problem.

| Tips, hints, suggestions?

Define "croaking", give us some error message.

| rsync server is AIX 4.3.3 ML11 - rsync 2.6.3
|
| rsync client is AIX 5.3 ML1 - rsync 2.6.4

FWIW, I just upgraded to 2.6.4, and that has solved a problem
i'd been having for a few weeks where 2.6.3 repeatedly failed
to synchronize a 5GB file.  Don't remember seeing anything in
the NEWS or other making me think upgrading would help, but
it did.