HP-UX 11i and largefiles on rsync

Steve Bonds knnf6cy7w001 at sneakemail.com
Tue Apr 5 00:45:02 GMT 2005

On Apr 4, 2005 10:33 AM, I wrote:

> I've also noticed that "make test" fails every rsync daemon mode test
> on HP-UX.  I'm still investigating but it looks like a either typecast
> in socket.c getsockname or a problem with "htonl(INADDR_LOOPBACK)" (of
> all things) leads to a failure to bind the socket when run in daemon
> mode.

I found the problems-- they were limited to the test code only so it
doesn't look like rsync itself is the problem.  However, I have not
yet back-ported the changes I made to my simplified test case into
rsync so there may still be something there that needs fixing.

The problems were:
1) In socket.c there's the line "sock2.sin_family = PF_INET;" but no
corresponding line for the other socket "sock". The connect() blows up on
HP-UX with an address family error since it's still set to 0.
2) In the same file, neither socket ever gets a TCP port assigned, so
connect() fails on HP-UX.

The same code works great on my Linux host, since Linux helpfully
populates these missing values.

Would you like a suggested patch or is the above good enough?

 -- Steve