HP-UX 11i and largefiles on rsync

Steve Bonds knnf6cy7w001 at sneakemail.com
Mon Apr 4 22:03:38 GMT 2005

On Apr 4, 2005 10:33 AM, Steve Bonds wrote:

> How's this for a plan?
> 1) On 64-bit HP-UX systems, build a 64-bit binary (above lseek64 fix
> will be needed)
> 2) On 32-bit HP-UX systems, build using mktemp()

After more pondering, I think this would be a bad idea.  The only time
a 64-bit binary is likely to work would be if using the optionally
purchased HP C/ANSI C compiler.  Using gcc on HP-UX seems to have lots
of 64-bitness problems.

So how's this for a revised plan?
1) On HP-UX systems, build using mktemp()
2) Put a warning in the HP-UX section of the INSTALL file about this necessity

  -- Steve