[cygwin] Fwd: Updated: rsync-2.6.2-3

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Sep 30 23:29:04 GMT 2004

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 12:31:55AM +0200, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> I don't think there is any reason not to ask for "binary mode" on
> non-Windows hosts, anyway (it's already done also in do_open(...),
> also).

It has to be configured around the presence of the setmode() function
and only done if O_BINARY isn't 0 (which it is on systems that don't
need it).  So, I'll add it with the appropriate conditional compilation
code wrapping it up.  Thanks!

> (I still wonder why it didn't show in earlier build, really):

Probably because something recently changed in the cygwin support
functions.  (That code-path wouldn't have been used if HAVE_FCHMOD
or HAVE_SECURE_MKSTEMP was zero.)