rsync 2.6.2 hang (was rsync 2.6.2 crash)

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed Sep 29 08:12:25 GMT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 03:19:43PM -0700, jim wrote:
> I am still having problems when I throw ssh into the mix. At least
> now, things don't crash, but they do hang.

Yes, others have experienced hangs when using rsync over ssh under
cygwin.  If possible, stick with the rsync daemon protocol for cygwin
transfers and it should be fine.

We haven't had any diagnostic reports yet that would help us to narrow
down the hang, though, so feel free to attach a debugger to the hanging
process(es) and let us know what they're up to at the time of the hang
(if you'd like).