[Patch] rsync-2.6.2: Allow 'port = N' in rsyncd.conf

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Sep 28 19:01:25 GMT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 01:59:45PM -0400, Demian M. Nave wrote:
> If anyone is interested, the included patch to rsync-2.6.2 allows you to
> specify the port number for an rsync server as a global option in
> rsyncd.conf with 'port = <N>' (where <N> is your favorite port number).

I like this idea, so I added a diff to the patches dir that implements
this.  Your patch didn't check the config file in the right place (i.e.
it would have caused rsync to refuse to run in a non-daemon mode if the
rsyncd.conf file was not present), so I fixed that.  I also made the
command-line --port option supersede this value (which is a better idiom
to me -- if the user specifies something on the command-line, it should
take precedence over a default value from the config file).

You can see my version of your patch here:

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/unpacked/rsync/patches/param-port.diff

It applies to the latest CVS source.  Thanks for the patch!