Ownership

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Sep 28 16:01:35 GMT 2004

I just thought of something else that I should have thought of earlier:
if you're using a chroot=yes setup for an rsync daemon, you must put the
appropriate files into the chroot area for rsync to do any mapping of
UIDs and GIDs (as explained in the man rsyncd.conf manpage).  For
instance, create an etc subdir and put a (possibly stripped down) passwd
and group file into it and see if that fixes the problem.  If so, you
can add an "exclude = /etc" config item to that module so that users
can't copy those files.