Ownership

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Mon Sep 27 18:22:02 GMT 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 10:35:50AM +0200, Essyug wrote:
> Lookup of `testuser' failed

Exactly as I expected.  As long as there are no weird non-visible
characters in that name (which I assume there are not), then you just
need to figure out how to get the "testuser" into your defined users on
the Linux box.  (Try running something like "groups testuser" to verify
that your system doesn't know about that user.)

I'm wondering if your system is using something like NIS+ or LDAP
instead of the passwd file.  All this is outside the realm of rsync,
though -- rsync is running exactly as it should.