rsync 2.6.2 crash

jim jim at thegallaghers.biz
Sat Sep 25 19:59:08 GMT 2004

This syntax is explicity stated in the rsyncd.conf man page (section RUNNING AN RSYNC SERVER OVER A REMOTE SHELL PROGRAM):

ADVANCED: To run an rsync server out of a single-use ssh key, use the "command=COMMAND" syntax in the remote user's authorized_keys entry, where command would be

    rsync --server --daemon .

Also, I realize that if the source file/dir is moved or deleted during the sync, that would cause a problem. This was not the case.

I am configuring a different PC for my testing. I think I may have too many layers of software- I've got a Virtual PC running as the server, reading from a PGPDisk volume that is mounted on the VPC host, and the PGPDisk is on an external USB drive.  I will report back as to whether or not  the problems disappear after removing the VPC, USB and PGPDisk layers.

Thanks,

Jim