which files were newer and not transferred?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Sep 11 16:02:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 10:25:00AM -0400, Ian! D. Allen wrote:
> The only way to get rsync to tell me which remote files are "newer" is
> to use a double-v (-vv), which produces way more output than I care to
> see.

The solution is a more flexible set of options for --log-format.  This is
something that J.W. had discussed before, and that Christophe Kalt was
recently talking about working on.  If it were improved appropriately,
we could have it output about the files that got skipped due to being
more recent than the source file.