bugfix: indeterministic file choice from multiple sources

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Sep 11 15:54:04 GMT 2004

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 12:00:54PM +0200, Dirk Pape wrote:
> will my feature request be considered for one of the next rsync releases?

I'm not currently convinced that this is a big enough deal for most
people to warrant an option for the mainstream release, especially if we
have to ship a mergesort compatibility routine with rsync.  Perhaps a
--with-mergesort configure option would be a good enough solution?
(Especially if it could just assume that mergesort could be found in a
library if the user was requesting it.)  What do you think?