RSync + SSH tunneling through firewall

Stefaan Lhermitte stefaan.lhermitte at agr.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Sep 9 08:36:18 GMT 2004

Haai Andrzej,

The problem is solved. When I double checked the ssh-b file I realized I
had to change the linux commands to cygwin commands.
 From that moment all commands (like date, hostname...) worked on the C-host

So with the key authentification and the following ssh-b script:

    #!/bin/bash
    ssh myname at host_B ssh "$@"

the rsync command works:
rsync -auv -e ~/ssh-b /cygdrive/driveletter/localfolder/
host_C:/cygdrive/driveletter/remotefolder
and I don't get the pseudo terminal warning anymore.

Whenever you are in Belgium, I owe you a beer or something else to drink.
Thanx a lot for all the help.
Kind regards,
Stef