Ownership

Essyug essyug at free.fr
Wed Sep 8 08:30:44 GMT 2004

>>My test directory on W2k and all its content are owned by
>>DOMAIN\testuser, which is a domain administrator.
>

> Rsync only tries to change file ownership if it thinks that it is
> running as root, and that test is currently a simple comparison of the
> effective UID against 0.  You might try outputting the value of
> geteuid() (or getuid() if geteuid() doesn't exist) and seeing if your
> root user has a non-zero value.

Under Cygwin, `set | grep UID` gives me :
EUID=11385
UID=11385

On the server side, the files are indeed owned by 11385, but this id
doesn't match DOMAIN\testuser, which id is 10000, set by winbind. Rsync
seems to work as if I had used the --numeric-ids ; maybe it's a more a
cygwin problem than a rsync one ? I've tried to compile rsync-2.6.3pre1
under cygwin, without any improvements.