rsync-2.6.3pre1: --delete-after does not work

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed Sep 8 07:45:51 GMT 2004

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 10:37:48PM +0200, Stefan Hoelldampf wrote:
> Damn, the problem is rsync-2.5.5 as receiver

OK, that fails for me too.  It was a rather simple mistake caused by
2.6.3pre1 not sending --delete if it thought that --delete-after was
going to imply that option.  In the case of sending to 2.5.5, this
resulted in the program not knowing that it had to read the exclude list
prior to reading the file list, so it was interpreting the data stream
incorrectly.  I've checked in a fix to CVS.  The latest "nightly" tar
file on the web site also has the fixed version.

Thanks for the report,